Recipe courtesy of Nuts for Life.
- 600g orange sweet potato, peeled and cut into 3cm cubes
- 6 cups salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 onion, chopped roughly
- ½ teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 long red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 50g raw pine nuts
- 100g goats cheese, roughly crumbled
- 1 tablespoon baby basil leaves, to serve
- 6 slices dark rye bread, to serve
- Place the sweet potato onion ginger chilli and stock in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to the boil reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until sweet potato is soft.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- While the soup is cooling heat a small saucepan over low heat.
- Add the pine nuts and cook until golden. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Once cooled slightly process the soup in batches in a food processor or blender and return to the pan.
- Heat again then divide between bowls and top with goats cheese basil leaves and pine nuts.
- Serve with dark rye bread.